2011 NerdCon Vendor Guidelines
Please download the form below, sign, and submit it by Sunday, April 10.
Contracts may be submitted in person to Jessica Hustace, Devin Cremins, or Jamie Sing, mailed to ASU Box 08496, Boone, NC 28608, or scanned and e-mailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each table is a 2'x8' rectangle. Each vendor will be able to use one of these tables, which will have two chairs at each. If you need to attach a banner or sign of any kind, please bring your own tape (no duct tape, please!).
If a vendor wishes to bring additional fixtures or signage, he or she should e-mail Jessi Hustace at email@example.com before the convention, so that arrangements can be made to accommodate the vendors' needs and to ensure compliance with university regulations.
NerdCon will not provide security for merchandise displayed on tables. Vendors are responsible for their own products.
Campus wi-fi is available in the student union. Please note that the visitor's connection is not high-bandwidth. Power outlets are located throughout the room. If you require an electrical outlet, please let Jessi Hustace know in advance by e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep any audio/visual displays at a reasonable volume. NerdCon representatives may ask vendors to modify the volume of these displays at any time for any reason. Vendors are not permitted to call out to visitors in order to attract attention.
Vendors may obtain a table using the Vendor Table Request Form on the Appalachian Nerd Network's website. Tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Appalachian State University policy requires that 15% of the funds collected at NerdCon by independent vendors must be given to the host organization (in this case, the Appalachian Nerd Network). 15% of the monies collected by the vendor at NerdCon must be paid by closing of the vendor room on the day of the event.
Hours of Access
The vendor room will be located in Price Lake ballroom on the second floor of the Plemmons Student Union. Vendors will have access to the room at 10am. The room opens to visitors at 11am and closes at 6pm. The vendors will then have from 6pm to 7pm to dismantle their displays.
Vendors are not required to be present at all hours of access, however it is strongly recommended.
North Carolina General Statute 14-269.2 makes it unlawful for anyone other than police officers to carry or possess firearms or weapons on campus. This applies if the weapon is concealed or not concealed. The University's definition of weapons includes: BB gun, air riff le, air pistol, paintball guns, Bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slingshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, metallic knuckles, razors and razor blades (except for personal shaving), sharp-pointed or edged instruments except instructional supplies, unaltered nail files and clips and tools used solely for preparing food, instruction, and maintenance. This law is strictly enforced by arrests in all cases. Student violators are also referred to the student disciplinary process. (Appalachian State University police policy.)
Sales are limited to the vendors' room, located in Price Lake ballroom. In order to sell anything in the vendor room, you must have filled out a vendor table request form and have a signed contract.
North Carolina Sales and Use Tax
All products sold within the State of North Carolina are subject to North Carolina Sales and Use Tax. It is the vendors responsibility to determine the current sales tax rates, to report any sales taxes, and to follow the appropriate laws of North Carolina and the vendors home state.
NerdCon Vendor Contract
- Vendor and vendor's representatives must comply with all published NerdCon and University guidelines, rules, and policies.
- Prior to displaying or selling any merchandise, the vendor must have pre-registered and have a fully executed vendor contract. Vendor tables may not be resold, transferred, or sub-let or assigned by the vendor; the contract is personal to the undersigned vendor.
- Vendor is responsible for any operating licenses required by local, state, and/or federal authorities.
- Vendor must comply with all RCC guidelines. Vendors assume full responsibility for compliance.
- All displays and exhibits must conform to all local fire and electrical standard and codes, and any and all restrictions imposed by Plemmons Student Union and NerdCon.
- Vendor will not display or sell any material that infringes upon any local, state, federal, or international laws.
- NerdCon reserves the right to prohibit the sale or display of any merchandise or service that NerdCon determines to be inappropriate.
- Vendor is fully and solely responsible for its property while on the site before, during, and after NerdCon.
- Neither NerdCon nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the vendor, vendor's associates or representatives, or vendor's property for any reason. Should any accident occur in the vendor's booth or with the vendor's merchandise, vendor agrees to indemnify NerdCon for any and all damages that may be assessed or awarded against NerdCon.
- There is no other agreement or warranty between NerdCon and vendor except as set forth in this contract. This contract is governed by North Carolina law and Appalachian State University policies. The vendor agrees that any action that may arise based upon or related to this contract shall be brought in Federal or State court in North Carolina.
(application/pdf - 64.66K)